Feed on
Posts
Comments

Store Brand Challenge

6 Responses to “Store Brand Challenge”

1. Stephanie says:

Personally, I have been very happy with the up&up product line. I recently discovered their new line of laundry products. They have soap, fabric softener, and dryer sheets. They all work wonderfully.

2. Jane Myers says:

There are certain things I buy that I will not go the store brand route…still a Tide girl after all these years. But I do buy almost all OTC medications at Walmart with store brands. I have found NO difference….as Kathy said they are held to the same standards. I take several vitamins for various reasons and have found that buying some things in bulk at Costco or Sams is a better deal but have learned to be careful. The giant size of Fish Oil Caps at Costco sounds like a good deal but by the time I got to the bottom of the bottle (8,000 pill later…okay not really but it seemed like it) I had to throw a lot out because they were pretty gummy and stuck together.

3. Sarah says:

I’ve tried every generic/store brand diaper under the sun and have not liked a single one until Target came out with the Up and Up brand. We were a Pampers only household until someone recommended Up and Up to us. I gave it a try and love them. They’re the same quality as Pampers, work as well, and have really cute polka dots (it probably helps keep the cost down since they don’t have to pay for using cartoon characters).

4. Brooke says:

Although it’s a 30+ min drive away, it’s worth it for me to occasionally drive to Trader Joe’s and stock up on all of the TJ’s store brand items. So delicious, inexpensive, and healthy – and half the price of the comparable items across the street at Whole Foods.

5. Katie says:

Jane Myers- Store your fish oil in the fridge and it makes a difference. I do that with mine and the kids and no weird taste and fish burps.
    We use clothe but love the Kroger disposables for over nights. Kroger training pants rock too.

6. Leah says:

In regards to buying the store brand I usually do this with almost everything. I do however watch the coupons in the paper because sometimes using a coupon makes the name brand item cheaper than the store brand. Sometimes even with the coupon it is still more expensive than the store brand. I hang on to the coupons and watch for the name brand item to go on sale and then use the coupon. Then I get to treat myself to the “real thing”.